cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RBAero
Level II

Missing P Values in Effect Summary OF Fit Model

Hi, I am using JMP-14.

I was using Fit Model and somehow my Effect Summary Dialogue is missing Data, no P-Values for the data.

Is there a reason why this would happen?

Thanks in advance 

RBAero_0-1591391345311.png

7 REPLIES 7
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Missing P Values in Effect Summary OF Fit Model

Hi, it is difficult to figure out what may have gone wrong without more details but the first thing that comes to mind is the large number of effect in your model. I wonder if your data coverage may not be sufficient to explore all these factors.

Would it be possible to share an example of the data you are working on? Also, are there key factors that would be worth exploring first? Finally, have you considered the Screening platform to priotitize the factors in your model.

Best,

TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
statman
Super User

If your model is saturated (all DF's are accounted for in the model), there are no DF's to estimate the error term and therefore there are no tests of significance.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
huangshans
Level I

Hi I have a similar problem and I don't think my model is saturated because there are 28 experiment and 6 variables. The two missing p values correspond to the two categorical variables. Why?

JMP effect summary.png

What does the Analysis of Variance, Parameter Estimates, and Effect Tests tables show?

huangshans
Level I

JMP response.png

So this indicates that you do not have adequate data to estimate your model. Fitting a model requires that you have enough data, but also you need to have the data collected in the proper locations. Think of it this way: I want to estimate a straight line relationship between Y and X. I collect 100 data points, but X is always 10. Lots of data, but I cannot estimate the line.

In your situation, I believe you also have a Singularity Details report. If you open that up you will see that you have a relationship (or confounding) between two of your input variables. It looks like it is between Screen Plate and SDS. JMP cannot estimate both of those effects because there is not sufficient data to do so. Make a plot of these two input variables. What does it look like? I think that might show you the issue.

Dan Obermiller
huangshans
Level I

Thanks, Dan. This is very helpful.