Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RicardoCosta
Level II

Missing LinkID after closing project file

Hi,

I'm having trouble with virtually connected tables. The link is broken once I close the project file, and I need to remove and reassign the LinkID attribute on the table column.

Is there any way to solve this?

Ricardo Costa
4 REPLIES 4
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Missing LinkID after closing project file

Make sure the tables are saved to disk before the link is created. Then save again. (Maybe. I'm pretty sure this was needed at one point.)

What version of JMP, and Mac or Win?

edit: interesting...are the tables saved inside a project file, as part of the project data?

Craige
RicardoCosta
Level II

Hi Craige,

Win 8.1 Pro + JMP 17.0.

All tables are inside a project.

The issue is still active. The link is restored when the LinkID property has been deleted and reassigned.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ricardo Costa
Craige_Hales
Super User

I've looked at it a bit and see similar issues, I think. I don't have a good answer. I did send a note to the development team, but might not expect anyone to see it until next week. You might try tech support (support link at bottom of this page).

Moving the script out of the project might be a solution; it seemed to work for my simple test.

Closing the linked tables in the project (so they don't automatically reopen when the project opens), then opening in some particular order might help. I had some conflicting results. It may be a timing issue more than an order issue.

Craige
RicardoCosta
Level II

Thanks once again Caige.

Now I have a tiny script to perform this task. It works for now.

Ricardo Costa