cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Matched pairs

hi all,
I have this type of JMP file:

where I have for each subject, many value at different times (in the exemple, MAP at 0, 30, 60 and 120, but in the real table, I have numerous columns and numerous time for each subject)).
I want to compare MAP at 30 with MAP at 0 for all subject using matched pairs (because I want to see a variation, and MAP at T0 is not always the same between the subjects).
But, in the "matched pairs" box, JMP needs the different values in different columns and only 1 subject by line. Actually, it is impossible to reorganize my table...

So, how can I do to compare map-T0 to map-T30 using matched pairs?

Thank you very much
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Matched pairs

... maybe a script to make a new table with one row per subject?
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

You can use the Split() function from either the Tables column or by script to reorganize your table into one row per subject and one column for each Time.

perfect, thank's

another question, how can I represent results of matched pairs data with a graphic?

If you use the Matched Pairs platform, there's a great graphic that comes with it. However, I may be misunderstanding. What do you want to represent?

Also, if you can get the table pared down to have the two times you mentioned with their corresponding Y values, go ahead and use the Fit Y By X platform to analyze them. After you have the report with the scatterplot open, hold down the Shift key when you click the red triangle. Note the new command, third from the bottom.