cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bculver
Level II

Marker transparancy not being copied

I have a graph made on the Fit Y by X platform with many data points which defaults to Marker Drawing Mode "Fast". I changed the Transparency of the markers, which incidentally changes the Marker Drawing Mode to "Normal", but when I ctrl+J to save to journal or try to copy and paste as Enhanced Metafile to a powerpoint, the transparency is reset and looks as if it's using the "Fast" drawing mode. I have used the Big Class dataset to simulate 1 million rows to show the issue. On the left is the custom report, on the right is the journal after ctrl+J, and the bottom left is a word doc after copy and paste as Enhanced Metafile. The bottom right is the result of exporting the graph as an EMF file, which interestingly preserved the transparency. I would rather not use this method though since copy+paste is much more convenient and it doesn't look the same as the original.

I am using JMP 15.0.0

Thanks for any help provided.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Marker transparancy not being copied

I can replicate your findings in JMP 15.2.1, however, JMP 16 appears to not swap back to Fast Drawing Mode when moving the graph to a journal.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,
This appears to be a glitch associated with version 15.0.0 because in version 14.1, when I try to switch on transparency in the Fit Y by X platform while being in Fast marker drawing mode, JMP returns an error message telling me that transparency can not be turned on in Fast mode.
I believe that there has been a couple of updates since version 15.0.0, hence I would recommend upgrading (if it is an option for you).
Otherwise, you may need to stay away from the Fact drawing mode when generating plots for export.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
txnelson
Super User

I can replicate your findings in JMP 15.2.1, however, JMP 16 appears to not swap back to Fast Drawing Mode when moving the graph to a journal.

Jim