Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
adoraw
Level I

Marginal Effects in Ordinal Regression

Hi there,

I am running an ordinal regression with 7 independent variables for my bachelor thesis and i cannot figure out how i can see the marginal effects for each variable.

The only thing I can find is the profiler, where I can see the probabilities for the output categories for a specific combination of all independent variables, and the same concept applies when I use output tables or the prediction formulas. JMP will give me the probabilities and predicted category for all possible combinations of variables. I would like to see the marginal effects for each variable, so I can interpret my results better (something like: Age has a positive effect on the dependent variable, all else equal one added year in age ads [...] percentage points).

Is this possible to create in JMP and if so, how do I get there?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Marginal Effects in Ordinal Regression

The odds ratio is the usual way to obtain and interpret the marginal effect of each predictor. Odds ratios are available only from the Nominal Regression platform with binary responses.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Marginal Effects in Ordinal Regression

The odds ratio is the usual way to obtain and interpret the marginal effect of each predictor. Odds ratios are available only from the Nominal Regression platform with binary responses.