cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
agneshb
Level III

Map background image

Hi,

Starting from a blueprint image (building or site) and using the map creator addins, I'm able to create the boundaries for the buildings or rooms I want to use.

Once I use it with my data, I'm only getting the boundaries, not the background image that I started from.

I do I manage to save the background image with the boundaries??

Thanks!

Agnès

3 REPLIES 3
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Map background image

The map files only contain the polygon boundaries. You'll have to add the background image the graph manually (via drag-and-drop or a script command). Interesting idea, though -- maybe in the future the map file can contain a picture as a table property.

agneshb
Level III

Thanks Greg. I tried the drag and drop but the problem is that it's very difficult to have the boundaries matching the image (when overlapping the 2 things).

Once the map is created, there is an option to 'add a background' but the list only has some defined backgrounds (or the option to go online), isn't there a way to add more options to that list (adding files into a specific folder?).

And yes it would be a really nice thing to add, the map could be used is so many more fields than just geography ...

Thanks!

XanGregg
Staff

The list of shape files on the right-hand side is driven from Maps files but the list on the left if fixed.

Regarded the manual image placement, if you save the script to a script window, part of it will look like:

Add Image(

Set Blob(  Char To Blob( "55685eJy ... gfOrroW",  "base64compressed" ),  "png"  ),

Bounds(  Left( 53.9375 ),  Right( 69.6171875 ),  Top( 165.5 ),  Bottom( 73 )  ),

SetSize( {223, 185} )

)

The bounds are in graph coordinates and you can adjust them for precise image alignment.