cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Map Role -Shape Definition column- not getting updated; correct syntax suggestions for JMP15

Ref: Set MAp Role via script - JMP User Community 

I'm trying to set column ref.COLUMN1, column properties map role based on another XY-Name.jmp data table. I can import and link the XY-Name.jmp correctly in the Map name data table of ref.COLUMN1, properties for MAP ROLE. But the "SHAPE DEFINTION COLUMN"  property of the map role is not getting populated correctly with ref.column1.

dt:ref.COLUMN1<<Set Property("Map Role", Map Role ("Shape Name Use" ("C:\Users\map_role jmp scripts\XY-Name.jmp"), "ref.column1"));

I'm using jmp15 and can verify the ref.column1 exists in this  XY-Name.jmp data table with the exact same name and also visible from the dropdown menu in the shape definition column of the column properties after running the script, but just doesn't get populated through the JSL.

Any suggestions on the correct syntax for the JMP15 ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Map Role -Shape Definition column- not getting updated; correct syntax suggestions for JMP15

FYI, when doing this I successfully used this syntax:

// Define the requisite column property to point to the saved Name file
Column(dt3, "Name") << Set Property("Map Role", Map Role(Shape Name Use("$DESKTOP/Wafermap-Name.jmp", "Name")));

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Map Role -Shape Definition column- not getting updated; correct syntax suggestions for JMP15

FYI, when doing this I successfully used this syntax:

// Define the requisite column property to point to the saved Name file
Column(dt3, "Name") << Set Property("Map Role", Map Role(Shape Name Use("$DESKTOP/Wafermap-Name.jmp", "Name")));

Thanks, this works for me too.