cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Mail() function causes outlook to display warning

I want to create an automated jmp script which runs and sends out reports. When it gets to the Mail function Outlook pops up with "A Program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook" Allow / Deny. VB and a number of other languages have a way to disable that message. Is there a way to bypass this message in JMP as it defeats the purpose of automating the emails.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mail() function causes outlook to display warning

This is an issue experienced by all applications and is due to the tight security of Windows and Outlook. See this Microsoft article for details:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012299431033.aspx

Your two options are (1) to ensure that your antivirus program is running and has the latest updates, or (2) use a third-party tool (such as ClickYes) to handle the manual interaction successfully.
jimloughlin
Level III

I use click/yes to get around this issue. Been using it for years and it works great.
Jim Loughlin
Loughlin Consulting

Installed ClickYes and it seems to be doing the trick. One more question though; anyone know the script I would need to attach multiple files in a single email?