Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LarsJensen
Level I

MSA ANOVA GRR

Hello Community,

It has been a while since I last did a GR&R in JMP. Back then, I remember I had the option of selecting if the analysis should be based on ANOVA or Xbar. I don't find this option anymore and I cannot get the same results as my peers using Minitab for their ANOVA GRR.

This is sparse info, I admit, but can someone tell me how I can ensure I do my GRR based on ANOVA?

Thanks in advance

Lars

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MSA ANOVA GRR

You can also still use the Variability Chart for Gage R&R. Please see the documentation here.

Your primarily goal seems to be obtaining the same result as MINITAB for compatibility. So pay attention to the options in the Variability Chart for how the variance components are estimated. You might have to change the procedure if the default method is not what you need.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
statman
Super User

What version of JMP?  In the current version, if you go to Analyze>Quality and Process>Measurement System Analysis there is an option to use EMP (Wheeler's approach) or Gage R&R (a more quantitative approach).

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
LarsJensen
Level I

Hi Statman,

I am on JMP 16. I know about the options you refer me to and I understand the EMP is a more modern MSA analysis and what I understand preferred. Is there one of those that can be compared to Minitab's ANOVA GR&R? I seem not possible to achieve the same results as my colleagues on Minitab. Thanks.

You can also still use the Variability Chart for Gage R&R. Please see the documentation here.

Your primarily goal seems to be obtaining the same result as MINITAB for compatibility. So pay attention to the options in the Variability Chart for how the variance components are estimated. You might have to change the procedure if the default method is not what you need.

LarsJensen
Level I

Hi Mark,
I ran the analysis using Variability Gauge Chart. For Analysis Setting I chose REML and got pretty darn close to Minitab's results and will conclude the results are the same.
On the question to ANOVA. Here it's my ignorance that as long we have the operator-part interaction we choose to call it an ANOVA.
BTW, the study is related to continuous data collected from a torque gauge, setup as a traditional 3 operator, 3 repetitions on 10 parts.