cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
TRR21
Level III

Log2 transformation

Hi I have a list of protein measurements that have a wide spread (usually on the higher end)- inorder to compress the dynamic range to look at correlations with other parameters, I want to convert it to a log2 scale (primarily to be consistent with how someone else had analyzed it). I see natural log and log10 options in the formula transfrorm but none for log2. If I try to manually edit the formula from log[x] to log2[x], it throws an error. Any ideas to be able to do this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Log2 transformation

The formula is: Log(:Column, 2)

In the formula editor if you select "Log" then you see one spot for the column name. After you enter the column click on the ^ (in the top bar of formula editor) and a subscript "10" will magically appear, you can then click on the 10 to replace it with a 2.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

The formula is: Log(:Column, 2)

In the formula editor if you select "Log" then you see one spot for the column name. After you enter the column click on the ^ (in the top bar of formula editor) and a subscript "10" will magically appear, you can then click on the 10 to replace it with a 2.
TRR21
Level III

Thank you. That worked!
txnelson
Super User

TRR21,
Please mark this discussion as "Solved". It really helps other users when looking for answeres
Jim
txnelson
Super User

TRR21,

I am getting a bit picky here, but you marked your response indicating "Thank You" as the solution.  Karen's answer is what needs to be marked as the solution, so the users can go directly to the solution, and so that Karen gets credit for the solution.

Jim
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I corrected it. @KarenC's reply is now the Accepted Solution.

-Jeff