cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JanneI
Level III

Local data filter and hover labels

I have been working with a tool which utilizes mouse over hover labels (actually graphlets in this case; quite simple script to open and show image) on Graph Builder platform. I have noticed that hover label script is vanished/reset if data point is first excluded and then included back by local data filter.

I am running JMP 16. Is there any option or way around trick how hover label script would be "permanent"?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Local data filter and hover labels

Hi @JanneI - I tested this with the example in Hover labels: Understanding the extensions framework.

In JMP 15 I see that a pinned hover label does not come back when the rows are excluded and then included again (note: not the custom script, but individual labels).  But in JMP 16 this is working for me.  Can you clarify what it is that you are seeing?  In the saved script for the platform, there should be a Set Graphlet() message with your saved script, and Add Pin Annotation() messages for any individual pinned hover labels.

JanneI
Level III

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply and especially sharing the link to the interesting article; fascinating Easter reading.

At end of the article, there is a link to IrisLocalImages.jsl file which is a great example for hovers/graphlets. Very similar what I have been doing. Also with this example, I can replicate the problem.

1. When opening the file, hovers works.

2. Then, if applying Local Data Filters so that all data points are excluded (eg Species: Virginica + Sepal width: <4.9)

3. Then make filter selection so that some points come back (eg by clearing the data filters), graphlet script is vanished. When looking how it is looking at Hover label editor, default example text has appeared.

So this is what I am seeing.

I am not exactly sure if Add Pin Annotation() helps for this issue(?) 

Janne

Hi @Jannel - I can now reproduce the issue that you report.  I was not excluding all points in my initial test, and that is what makes the difference.  I will report this as an issue to be fixed in a future release.