cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ILoveJMP
Level III

Local Data filter animation for multiple filters

I currently use JMP17 (expecting JMP18 in Sept'24) and tried to use local data filter animation to demonstrate how x-y chart changes with each filter (8 filters in total). However, it seems the animation only works for the top filter on the list. Is it a way to enable the animation to step through all possible combinations? 

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Local Data filter animation for multiple filters

Hi @ILoveJMP - data filter animation works on one filter item at a time, but each time animation starts, it should initialize based on the last item that was "selected".  By selected, I just mean that you clicked in the title area, which should change the title look to distinguish the selected item from the others:

danschikore_0-1717526566728.png

ILoveJMP
Level III

Thanks a lot for the speedy reply, Dan! Is there a script to expand the current animation capability to step through multiple filters?

The scripting for animation is currently fairly limited.  You can choose the animation column and some options through the Animation message:

obj << Animation( <Animate Column( column )>, <Animate Rate( number )>, <Forward|Backward|Bounce> )

But the actual stepping through values is not controllable through scripting, other than using JSL to press the UI buttons.  I believe there are some related Wish List items - you may want to review those and add your vote or comments on what would be useful.

-Dan

hogi
Level XI

If you want to cycle through multiple nominal values, you might have a look at Graph Builder Toolbar .
one can select, which filters to use and then the script cycles through all combinations of settings of the selected filters and saves the captures graph to the temp folder:

ILoveJMP
Level III

Thanks and it is very cool, Hogi! I installed your addin (hogi_GraphBuilderToolbar.jmpaddin) and below is what I got. I don't have the play key to enable to "cycle selected + save" dialog window. Can you share the addin?

Thanks!

ILoveJMP_0-1717613035485.png

hogi
Level XI

Ouch, you are right.
I will fix it ...
[I have to check how I can get (again) the rights to edit the page ...]

hogi
Level XI

Community team could fix the issue.
Seems that the page got stuck during the review process.