cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Konstantinos
Level II

Local Data Filter and Moving X-axis

Hi,

when I use time as a variable for the local data filter in the graph builder platform, then while changing the time, the x-axis adapts automatically to the slected time frame. This means that only the selected data are shown in the graph.

When I use time as a variable for the local data filter in the contol chart builder platform, then while changing the time, the x-axis remains static.

Is it somehow possible to have also a moving x-axis in the control chart builder platform?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Konstantinos

6 REPLIES 6
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Local Data Filter and Moving X-axis

if you wouldn't mind.

could you go over to this part of the community:  https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/idb-p/jmp-wish-list

and add that to wish list?

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)

There is no reason to add this to the wish list as the functionality is already a part of JMP.  You need to click on the red triangle menu for Control Chart Builder and uncheck Show Excluded Region.  This feature was new for JMP Version 15.

Byron_JMP
Staff

WHAT!!!!

Oh my goodness that's awesome!

I completely missed what that option was supposed to do.

@tonya_mauldin  huge thanks for the GB tip.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
AU
AU
Level III

Is there something similar for graph builder platform?

txnelson
Super User

The fix for the original issue in this post, was to select the "Show Excluded Region" option under the red triangle in the Graph Builder platform, so I don't understand your question "Is there something similar for graph builder platform?"
Jim
AU
AU
Level III

Thanks. I think the fix was focused on the control chart builder platform. The original post did mention that graph builder has the ability that control chart builder dose not (which was resolved by the responses, only for JMP 15).  I was wonderig why the x-axis was not udpating for my graph builder plots and if it might be related to JMP version.