cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vt_sailor
Level II

Loading R .rds files into JMP

We have some equipment that publishes results in an .rds files--an R file format.  I can find how to read a JMP file into R, but I'd like to read the R / .rds file into JMP.  Does anyone have some code snippets that would do this?

Thanks!

Ray Bunkofske

4 REPLIES 4
andersonmj2
Level IV

Re: Loading R .rds files into JMP

My approach would be to simply call out to R on your computer and execute the readRDS() function to pull the data in that way.
vt_sailor
Level II

What I know about R you can put in a thimble. Can I set it up as a JMP function so that the user can stay within the JMP script? I'm trying to build a dataflow that: looks in a directory, loads the R files, creates several JMP reports and saves the JMP data files with the reports embedded. That way folks can view the reports, and do further drill-down with the complete data file.
txnelson
Super User

You can run this from JMP, however you will have to submit r code that opens the .rds file in r, and then use an r get() function to transfer the data frame in r to a data table in JMP.

See the JSL Scripting Guide section on Extending JMP

Help==>Books==>Scripting Guide

Jim
Cougar
Level I

Anyone has an easy solution? thanks