cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vt_sailor
Level II

Loading R .rds files into JMP

We have some equipment that publishes results in an .rds files--an R file format.  I can find how to read a JMP file into R, but I'd like to read the R / .rds file into JMP.  Does anyone have some code snippets that would do this?

Thanks!

Ray Bunkofske

4 REPLIES 4
andersonmj2
Level IV

Re: Loading R .rds files into JMP

My approach would be to simply call out to R on your computer and execute the readRDS() function to pull the data in that way.
vt_sailor
Level II

What I know about R you can put in a thimble. Can I set it up as a JMP function so that the user can stay within the JMP script? I'm trying to build a dataflow that: looks in a directory, loads the R files, creates several JMP reports and saves the JMP data files with the reports embedded. That way folks can view the reports, and do further drill-down with the complete data file.
txnelson
Super User

You can run this from JMP, however you will have to submit r code that opens the .rds file in r, and then use an r get() function to transfer the data frame in r to a data table in JMP.

See the JSL Scripting Guide section on Extending JMP

Help==>Books==>Scripting Guide

Jim
Cougar
Level I

Anyone has an easy solution? thanks