cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Sep6
Level I

Linkage Map order

How long does it take to run Linkage map order step? This process is running for two days in my case and I even don't have a large data set.

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Linkage Map order

Hi,

I think that you might need to provide a bit more information to help the JMP Community to help you with this. Can you describe the data that you are looking at. I imagine data size will be important here, for example.

I assume that you are using JMP Genomics. Is that correct?

I am not an expert in JMP Genomics but I am sure that someone in the community can help if you can say a bit more about what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Phil

Re: Linkage Map order

Hi @Sep6 ,

How many SNPs/Genotypes by how many samples and how many linkage groups were defined in teh Recombination and Linkage Groups process?

You can save the settings used in the Linkage Map Order dialog (see Save button at bottom of dialog) and attach to this post if there is nothing proprietary about the names of the samples and naming of the SNPs/Genotypes. The data will not be transmitted, only how each field was assigned.

Thanks,

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com