cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
crofut
Level I

Linear Contrast in Fit Model

I've noticed that when using Fit Model (even for a simple one-way ANOVA), that the Linear Contrast is not correctly saved when I save the script to the data file to re-execute at a later time.  Also, since I'm creating (attempting) several contrasts, is there an easy way to label/title each constrast?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Linear Contrast in Fit Model

Hi Steve!

This is a bug in version 13 of JMP. Updating to 13.2 will fix the problem.

From the 13.2 release notes on fixes made:

Standard Least Squares • When you create an LSMeans Contrast and then save the script for the analysis, the LSMeans Contrast is saved correctly in the script. • The Contrast Specification boxes are aligned correctly

As for the labeling of the contrasts, I don't know of any way to easily do that. 

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I'm not seeing a problem. Which version of JMP are you using? Can you show the script that is saved along with the output that the script SHOULD be producing?

Dan Obermiller
crofut
Level I

Hi Dan,  I'm using JMP PRO 13.0 (64-bit).  I can't email JMP files (security blockage at company).  SO I've attached a PPT file that shows a simple data table, with the script.  It also shows the original output, and the output when the script is re-executed.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve!

This is a bug in version 13 of JMP. Updating to 13.2 will fix the problem.

From the 13.2 release notes on fixes made:

Standard Least Squares • When you create an LSMeans Contrast and then save the script for the analysis, the LSMeans Contrast is saved correctly in the script. • The Contrast Specification boxes are aligned correctly

As for the labeling of the contrasts, I don't know of any way to easily do that. 

Dan Obermiller
ghartel
Level III

I'm on version 14.1 and it seems there is a similar problem. I'm using Generalized Linear Model to fit a logistic and I'm using contrast to compare levels of a categorical variable. It works fine point and click but the script only saves "Run(Contrast( 1 ))" which requires the contrasts to be specified manually again. I don't see anything in the documentation about how to specify the contrasts via script. Is this just not implemented?
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @crofut,

It looks like Dan addressed your main issue, but with regard to labeling, when I need to keep track of several contrasts I find it's helpful to simply rename the outline boxes (i.e. double click on the outline box title). This renaming is preserved in the script you save for the report.

I hope this helps!

Julian

Contrast Label.gif