cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
crofut
Level I

Linear Contrast in Fit Model

I've noticed that when using Fit Model (even for a simple one-way ANOVA), that the Linear Contrast is not correctly saved when I save the script to the data file to re-execute at a later time.  Also, since I'm creating (attempting) several contrasts, is there an easy way to label/title each constrast?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Linear Contrast in Fit Model

Hi Steve!

This is a bug in version 13 of JMP. Updating to 13.2 will fix the problem.

From the 13.2 release notes on fixes made:

Standard Least Squares • When you create an LSMeans Contrast and then save the script for the analysis, the LSMeans Contrast is saved correctly in the script. • The Contrast Specification boxes are aligned correctly

As for the labeling of the contrasts, I don't know of any way to easily do that. 

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I'm not seeing a problem. Which version of JMP are you using? Can you show the script that is saved along with the output that the script SHOULD be producing?

Dan Obermiller
crofut
Level I

Hi Dan,  I'm using JMP PRO 13.0 (64-bit).  I can't email JMP files (security blockage at company).  SO I've attached a PPT file that shows a simple data table, with the script.  It also shows the original output, and the output when the script is re-executed.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve!

This is a bug in version 13 of JMP. Updating to 13.2 will fix the problem.

From the 13.2 release notes on fixes made:

Standard Least Squares • When you create an LSMeans Contrast and then save the script for the analysis, the LSMeans Contrast is saved correctly in the script. • The Contrast Specification boxes are aligned correctly

As for the labeling of the contrasts, I don't know of any way to easily do that. 

Dan Obermiller
ghartel
Level III

I'm on version 14.1 and it seems there is a similar problem. I'm using Generalized Linear Model to fit a logistic and I'm using contrast to compare levels of a categorical variable. It works fine point and click but the script only saves "Run(Contrast( 1 ))" which requires the contrasts to be specified manually again. I don't see anything in the documentation about how to specify the contrasts via script. Is this just not implemented?
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @crofut,

It looks like Dan addressed your main issue, but with regard to labeling, when I need to keep track of several contrasts I find it's helpful to simply rename the outline boxes (i.e. double click on the outline box title). This renaming is preserved in the script you save for the report.

I hope this helps!

Julian

Contrast Label.gif