cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Alec1293
Level I

Line graphing with error bars

I am trying to create a line graph that utilizes error bars for standard error.  I have gone into my data and made a column for the error above and below the mean, and followed the instructions for getting an interval style from the bar graph, but when I go to overaly the line onto the graph it does not go through the center points for the interval bar. The line is slightly off from the points.  I would like to have this line go directly through poiints.  Screenshot (5).png

3 REPLIES 3
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Line graphing with error bars

In JMP 13 you can just pick error bars.

click the graph element for points, hold shift, and click the graph element for line.

Then in the menu on the left for the point element, chooe the error bar type you want.

If you don't have JMP 13, wait a couple of weeks for v14.  Graph builder has interval roles!

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
pmroz
Super User

Is there a Jitter checkbox that is checked?  If so uncheck it.

Byron_JMP
Staff

in the graph it looks like the the two Y-series are on different X- series.  All the points on the y-axis should line up exactly on top of the same x-axis value.  The data behind the graph might be the issue too.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)