Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Dennisbur
Level IV

Limits

Hello
I have a data table including LO Limit and HI Limit
but I don't know how to link this data of limits in my graphs

Dennisbur_1-1672928897689.png

For example, when I would like to build a Variability graph, I can manually add limits

through "Reference Lines."

Dennisbur_2-1672929043554.png

But I didn't find an option how I can regularly link the limits from columns LO Limits and HI Limits by Test Name to any graphs in JMP.

I would very much appreciate if you could direct me to the right place

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Limits

Another way, if you're using the Graph Builder, is to drag both Lo and Hi columns to the Interval location, and JMP will automatically add these into your graphs. Data table with sample attached.

Jed_Campbell_0-1672931156109.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SDF1
Super User

Hi @Dennisbur ,

One way to do this is to add the limits as meta data to the column. If you right click the column, then select Column Info, under Column properties, you can add Spec Limits and/or Control Limits.

SDF1_0-1672930516928.png

Then, you can enter the upper and lower limits, and if you check the Show as Graph Reference Lines, they will show up in all graphs as thin blue lines.

SDF1_1-1672930634627.png

One other way is how you're doing it by adding the lines to the specific graph you are working with. You would have to add each low/high limit line manually.

Hope this helps!,

DS

Another way, if you're using the Graph Builder, is to drag both Lo and Hi columns to the Interval location, and JMP will automatically add these into your graphs. Data table with sample attached.

Jed_Campbell_0-1672931156109.png

jthi
Super User

Depending on what you are doing and which platforms you are using there are at least three different options which I would try to use in this order

1. Use Spec Limits column property like @SDF1 suggested (you might have to split your data for this to work). This works for Wide format data (split)
  2. If you are using Graph Builder you can add additional line plots using the limit columns. This works for long format data (stacked)
  3. Create a script which will add Reference Lines. Will work for anything you script it work with but there more it has to be able to handle, the more complicated it will get
-Jarmo