cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Cristian
Level I

Letters report vs differences report. Are they different?

Hi,

I'm running a mixed model with JMP, and I just saw that letters from a tukey table don't match with their p-values from the differences report. I'm attaching a screen shoot about it. The JMP difference report matches with the Tukey-Kramer report from SAS too, but the Tukey table from JMP doesn't match with anything. Please I need help to understand what it is going on here and to know if I should use one of these separation tests at all.

Thanks,

Cristian

JMP Tukey table and differences report.png

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Letters report vs differences report. Are they different?

This discrepancy was reported before so it is a known bug. It was fixed in the  JMP 13.2 maintenance release, so an update would fix it for you.

Cristian
Level I

That is not cool.

You know how bad is that one of the main (or the main) statistical tool was (is) wrong. It could be very bad for SAS.

I will update it and let you know.

Thanks for your help

I am sorry that you feel that way. We have effective, but not perfect, quality control for all SAS products. This problem unfortunately escaped our internal testing but it was discovered in the field by a user, it was reported, and it was fixed. This example is the reason that we encourage users to report problems here or directly to Technical Support as you did so that we know about them and can fix them. This example is the reason we encourage users to update their software to the latest maintenance release.

Cristian
Level I

Mark,

The letter report has been fixed using the new version (JMP 13.2.1) . Now it makes sense.

Thank you very much.

Cristian Collado

NCSU