cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

LS Means instead of Means

Hello community!
Is there any way to tabulate the LD Means with standard errors and statistical letters? So far I think only the Means can be done this way. For example if I have 52 weeks data and I need to plot the Ls Means and standard errors in excel per week it will take me for ever to copy and paste each table for every corresponding week.
6 REPLIES 6
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: LS Means instead of Means

Hi,
Could you clarify the following:
1) Did you already calculate the LS Means for your data and if yes, which platform did you use?
2) Is there a specific reason you want to use Excel to plot your data and not within JMP?
3) Have you looked into the "Make Into Table" and "Make Into Combined Table"? This let you collect the output of many platforms into a tabular format which is much more amenable to further manipulations.
Let us know so that we can provide an informed solution.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

Certainly,
1) yes, I calculated it in JMP, using the Tukey's test
2) yes, because JMP plots the average means, not the Ls Means, isn't it? If so, how can I plot the Ls Means?
3) not at the combined, where can I find this? Nevertheless, will this give me the Ls Means tabulated and also the corresponding standard errors and letters exported?

Thanks in advance

I am guessing that you are using Fit Y by X.

Try Fit Model instead. 

From the red popup for the Response variable choose Estimates > Multiple Comparisons.

Dan_Obermiller_0-1624750703001.png

You can ask for a Least Squares Means Plot as well as choosing which multiple comparison test you want. 

Dan_Obermiller_1-1624750806142.png

Dan Obermiller
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,
Thanks for clarifying.
Regarding point #2, Graph Builder let's you plot any value you want. So if you derived the LSMeans from the Tukey's test, you simply plot the data in GB. You can even add pre-calculated error bars by adding those as "Interval" in GB.
Regarding point #3, the output of any output table produced by JMP can be extracted as a data table by right-clicking on the table and choosing "Make Into Table" or "Make Into Combined Table".
I would suggest that you get familiar with JMP fundamentals by reading the Book under the Help Menu and also enrolling in JMP training classes.
Of note, @Dan_Obermiller provided another way to proceed which may provide what you need.
B
Thierry R. Sornasse

Hi @Thierry_S and @Dan_Obermiller 

Thanks for the responses. It helps a bit so far. Especially the Make into combined table helped to get the LS Means in a somehow nice table (tabulate or get it into excel) even though it still needs filtering after that because it tabulates my main variable with other variables as well. And again this tabulation does not give me the statistical letters, i still have to do it myself. 

You are saying: ''So if you derived the LSMeans from the Tukey's test, you simply plot the data in GB. You can even add pre-calculated error bars by adding those as "Interval" in GB.'' I can only derive the LS Means after i run the Tukey's test. I cannot plot that from the beginning with the GB. This implies that after i get the LS Means, then i need to make the combined table, then i need to tabulate, save it again, insert again in JMP and then plot those values. Isn't that correct? Because that is like going back and forth. Unless i dont know of another way to do it fast? If you know that please share with me, i would really appreciate it. 

If there is anyway to plot the LS Means indeed from the beginning that would be great. Also then connecting the letters in the GB would be really awesome (if somehow that updates it automatically, but maybe i am asking too much from JMP). 

And as Dan was saying yes i knew already how to plot the LS Means from that section. Thank you for that. But that is a simplistic graph and i dont think i can change that in a way that i would format it in the GB. 

Thank you. 

Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,
Sorry if I was clearer in my last message.
It seems that you may need help with the fundamental features of JMP which are very powerful but not particularly easy to learn at first.
Assuming that you ran your Tukey's test and managed to get the resulting LSMeans into a new JMP table using the "Make Into Combined Table", I'm not sure what you mean by needing to Tabulate: is the output of the LSMeans table not organized as you want? If not, you may use the Table manipulation command such as SPLIT and STACK to reorganize your table. Next, you mentioned that you need to "save it again" and insert again in JMP: based on my experience, you can perform all these operations within JMP without having to save externally and open a new table.
A screenshot of the Tuckey's test output and an example of the table you obtained using the "Make Into Combined Table" function? It might help us understand where the disconnect might be.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse