cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jessez
Level I

Kmeans Clustering CCC problem

JMP Kmeans clustering is not calculating a CCC statistic for a subset of my data. I have a data file with a little over 4000 unique sites. Using this data set I have successfully used kmeans clustering and JMP displays a CCC statistic. I created a subset of this data using a variable and now have two new data tables (one with around 200 rows and the other with 4000+). Whenever I go through the same kmeans clustering process on the larger subset of the data JMP will not spit out a CCC statistic. Any ideas about what is going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jessez
Level I

Re: Kmeans Clustering CCC problem

After a couple hours (and you will see they were wasted hours...) of trying to figure this out I caught the problem. One of the variables I used in the clustering process was zero for most of the data set. It turns out that it was zero for all of the rows in the subset I was interested in using Kmeans clustering. The zero values blow up the CCC. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jessez
Level I

After a couple hours (and you will see they were wasted hours...) of trying to figure this out I caught the problem. One of the variables I used in the clustering process was zero for most of the data set. It turns out that it was zero for all of the rows in the subset I was interested in using Kmeans clustering. The zero values blow up the CCC. Problem solved.

chitra
Level I

Just wondering how you solved this problem. Did yo ujust remove that attribute? I am facing the same situation where almost all of my columns have a large number of 0s, but since they are significant for my analysis I want to include them in my analysis.