cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Johnson transform

I am trying to find a normalizing transform for my data so that I can model my data with the normal distribution.

I am using Analyze-Distribution by [my product], for all six of my Y variables.

I have two informal criteria:

1. AICc within 5 of the lowest AICc for any distribution for that Y var and product.

2. Shapiro-Wilk W test Prob<W >0.05.

This is telling me that the Johnson SU is overall definitely the best choice.

My question is, how do I tell JMP Fit-Model to use the Johnson SU distribution?  I don't see the distribution option that should be there!  ARRGGGHH.

I am not JSL literate yet.  If I have to do the transforms manually (in Excel), is it as simple as calculating ASINH of each value then copying that into a data table?  Then, on any conclusion, I have to transform back using SINH?  Or is it more complicated?  Do I have to include estimates of each of the four JSU parameters into the ASINH and SINH to do it properly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Johnson transform

When you are in the distribution platform you can click on the red-triangle and save the transformed data back to the table and model that transformed normal response.

8058_Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 7.22.36 PM.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Johnson transform

When you are in the distribution platform you can click on the red-triangle and save the transformed data back to the table and model that transformed normal response.

8058_Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 7.22.36 PM.png