Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Glo_Roh
Level II

JSL script to run multiple nested JSL scripts issue

Hello all,

I have a checkbox gui setup with JMP applications that lets the user select which analysis to run, this feature lets users select/run multiple analysis at the same time essentially. (i.e. one button to run all)

Each individual script works when run stand-alone, but when calling/running them all from a singular script, issues arise. I cannot edit each individual analysis jsl script due to they are used elsewhere in the gui and may break. Plus there's like 20 scripts...

With the script I have now, it runs for some, but for others it's throwing errors that I believe are due to shared table names within each analysis script.

Is there a way to run multiple jsl scripts as separate entities as if they are run as stand-alone, so if table names/variables are the same it won't cause errors? Each analysis script runs individually, so there should not be any data shared between them.

if (checkbox << get (1),
	Include(get default directory() || "analysis_1.jsl", Run JSL( 1 )),
);
if (checkbox << get (2),
	Include(get default directory() || "analysis_2.jsl", Run JSL( 1 )),
);
if (checkbox << get (3), Include(get default directory() || "analysis_3.jsl", Run JSL( 1 )), );

I've tried looking through the discussion boards, but haven't been able to find anything in regards to my issue. Everything seems to share data between all the scripts.

Thank you!
(fyi, JMP 15.2.0)

1 REPLY 1
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: JSL script to run multiple nested JSL scripts issue

see if this does what you need; In the example, if you run it twice, it makes two independent windows rather than two that interfere with each other. Also, I'm not sure what RunJSL(1) does in the include() function...I think it is ignored.

include( ... , <<new context )include( ... , <<new context )

Craige