Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
ReginaHong
Level III

JSL script - After update table, run the embedded formula

Hi,

I am trying to update my existing table on column name "Capacity". As you can see in the picture below, once the Capacity column is updated, "Predicted_Shipment_1" column need to change the value according to the fomula embedded inside. However, once I run the script below, the value in "Predicted_Shipment_1" column does not change according to the updated Capacity column. Is there anything wrong with my script below?

Pic2.JPG

dt2 << Update(
With( dt3 ),
Match Columns( :Time = :Time ),
Add Columns from Update table( "Capacity" )
);

column(dt2,"Predicted_Shipment_1") << delete formula;

dt3 << Update(
With( dt2 ),
Match Columns( :Time = :Time ),
Add Columns from Update table( "Predicted_Shipment_1" )
);

At the end the value in column "Predicted_Shipment_1"  updated in dt3 is the old value which is not according to the formula embedded inside. Anything wrong with the formula above?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
ReginaHong
Level III

Re: JSL script - After update table, run the embedded formula

Thank you for your replied. I have found solution for this. Just add in the syntax below and it will help to run the formula.

column(dt4,4) << Eval Formula(1);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@ReginaHong,
          When you delete the formula and re-create the column, there is no formula in the column to run that will update the values of the Predicted column. The values that are generated due to your update/join operation will be held in the column. 

Best
Uday
Highlighted
ReginaHong
Level III

Thank you for your replied. I have found solution for this. Just add in the syntax below and it will help to run the formula.

column(dt4,4) << Eval Formula(1);

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.