cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ReginaHong
Level III

JSL script - After update table, run the embedded formula

Hi,

I am trying to update my existing table on column name "Capacity". As you can see in the picture below, once the Capacity column is updated, "Predicted_Shipment_1" column need to change the value according to the fomula embedded inside. However, once I run the script below, the value in "Predicted_Shipment_1" column does not change according to the updated Capacity column. Is there anything wrong with my script below?

Pic2.JPG

dt2 << Update(
With( dt3 ),
Match Columns( :Time = :Time ),
Add Columns from Update table( "Capacity" )
);

column(dt2,"Predicted_Shipment_1") << delete formula;

dt3 << Update(
With( dt2 ),
Match Columns( :Time = :Time ),
Add Columns from Update table( "Predicted_Shipment_1" )
);

At the end the value in column "Predicted_Shipment_1"  updated in dt3 is the old value which is not according to the formula embedded inside. Anything wrong with the formula above?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ReginaHong
Level III

Re: JSL script - After update table, run the embedded formula

Thank you for your replied. I have found solution for this. Just add in the syntax below and it will help to run the formula.

column(dt4,4) << Eval Formula(1);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@ReginaHong,
          When you delete the formula and re-create the column, there is no formula in the column to run that will update the values of the Predicted column. The values that are generated due to your update/join operation will be held in the column. 

Best
Uday
ReginaHong
Level III

Thank you for your replied. I have found solution for this. Just add in the syntax below and it will help to run the formula.

column(dt4,4) << Eval Formula(1);