Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jbakri
Level II

JSL Script Creates New Taskbar Icon When Run

Hi All,

I have what seems to be an odd problem. I've created a JSL script that launches a window through which a user can select some options and then run scripts to pull data from various sources. The odd thing that is happening is that when one of these scripts is run it causes all subsequent JMP windows to open under a new taskbar icon. An example for clarity:

1) User opens jmp. There is 1 icon on the task bar

2) User opens a table through the JMP Home window. There is 1 icon on the task bar.

3) User opens a table through windows explorer. There is 1 icon on the task bar.

4) User runs a script that generates a data table and a window with a run chart. There is 1 icon on the task bar.

5) User runs my custom script. GUI window opens. There is 1 icon on the task bar.

6) User clicks script 1 via the GUI generated in step 5. Data table is generated and GUI remains open. There is 1 icon on the task bar.

7) User clicks problem script on the GUI generated in step 5. A data table is generated and the GUI remains open. There are now 2 icons on the taskbar.

Repeat any of the above steps and there are still 2 icons on the taskbar

9) Close all windows except the home window There is 1 icon on the taskbar.

10) Repeat any of steps 1 - 6. There are 2 icons on the taskbar

Hopefully this makes sense. If not let me know and I can provide clarity.

I am using JMP 16.2.0. Attached is the script I wrote. You will not be able to run the data scripts through the GUI, but you will be able to see what I'm talking about when I say GUI. The second attachment is the section I have isolated as causing the issue. 

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0