cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AW
AW
Level II

[JSL] Local Data Filter Selection Not Being Applied When Generating Table of Graphs

Hello,

I am trying to create a table of histograms that have had a local data filter applied to only display a subset of the data.  However, when I review the pictures in the table, the histograms are displaying plots for all available data.  In the sample JSL below. I have used the Semiconductor Capability.jmp sample data file. For example, if the filter is being applied ( for lot_id = "lot09"), all measurements for the PNP5 column should be within spec limits.  (I'm not sure if this is pertinent, but I am using JMP 14.3.0 on Windows 10).

Thanks, 

AW

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Semiconductor Capability.jmp" );

//************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
// Set Graph Reference Limits
//***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Wait( 0.5 );
Set_Graph_Lines = Manage Spec Limits( Y( dt << Get Column Group( "Processes" ) ) );
Set_Graph_Lines << Show Limits All( 1 );
Set_Graph_Lines << Save to Column Properties( 1 );

//************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
// Generate Table of Histograms
//***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
HistPics = New Table( "Table of Histograms",  
		New Column( "Histograms", Expression, "None", Set Values( {} ),Set Display Width( 300 ) ),
		New Column( "Parameter", Character, "Nominal", Set Values( {} ),Set Display Width( 200 ) ) );

// Generate List of Column Names as a list of Strings to Use as parameter column name in datatable cells
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cols_List_String = dt << Get Column Names( "String");
Cols_List_String_Cnt = N Items( Cols_List_String );

For( j = 1, j <= Cols_List_String_Cnt, j++,
	Gen_Distribution = dt << Distribution(
		Column( dt:j ), 
		Quantiles( 0 ), 
		Outlier Box Plot( 0 ),
		PpK Capability Labeling( 0 ),
		Capability Analysis (0),
		Frequencies(0),
		Summary Statistics(0),
		Local Data Filter(		
			Grouped by AND( 1 ),
			Add Filter(
				columns( :lot_id ),
				Where( :lot_id == "lot09" ),
				Display( :lot_id, Size( 181, 136 ), List Display )))
	);
	pic = (Report( Gen_Distribution )) << getpicture;  //Neither local data filter selection nor spec limit reference lines are being captured
	Gen_Distribution << closewindow();
    ParmName = Cols_List_String[j];
	HistPics << addrows( 1 );
	HistPics:Histograms[j] = pic;
	HistPics:Parameter[j] = ParmName;
);
HistPics<<Set Cell Height( 165 );

Set_Graph_Lines  << Close Window;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AW
AW
Level II

Re: [JSL] Local Data Filter Selection Not Being Applied When Generating Table of Graphs

@martindemel Thank you for helping to dig into this issue. I ended up submitting a tech support ticket and, through a bit of experimentation, we figured out that if a wait(0) statement is inserted between the creation of the Distribution report and the GetPicture statement in my original code, the issue goes away (although there is a considerable slow down). The << Update Window command also corrects the issue, but does not cause the code execution slowdown the wait () statement. Thanks, AW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: [JSL] Local Data Filter Selection Not Being Applied When Generating Table of Graphs

Hmm, when I run your script I get PNP5 within spec in the histogram:

martindemel_0-1594382860583.png

Can you show your results?, e.g. providing the resulting data table?

/****NeverStopLearning****/

I checked in 14.3 and I see what you mean. There might be a bug which has been fixed. Best to ask Tech Support for clarification.
(support@jmp.com). My results shown above were done with JMP 15.1
/****NeverStopLearning****/
AW
AW
Level II

@martindemel Thank you for helping to dig into this issue. I ended up submitting a tech support ticket and, through a bit of experimentation, we figured out that if a wait(0) statement is inserted between the creation of the Distribution report and the GetPicture statement in my original code, the issue goes away (although there is a considerable slow down). The << Update Window command also corrects the issue, but does not cause the code execution slowdown the wait () statement. Thanks, AW