cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
drblove
Level III

JSL - Adding borders to Tables in a Journal

Last question before the holiday...

I am putting a bunch of tables in a Journal, as well as other things, and I am hoping to be able to add boarders to the table, i.e. something like a line between Row 1 and 2, a line surrounding the whole table, a line betwen Column's 1 and 2, 2 and 3, etc.  How do I do this?

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: JSL - Adding boarders to Tables in a Journal

Right-click on the table and select the style that you want.

You can change the default style in File > Preferences.

drblove
Level III

Is there a command for this in JSL?

If you want a particular style at all times, then the easiest change is to go to File > Preferencesf, select the Styles group, and then select the specific elements you want.

If you want a particular style only when capturing your results as part of a script, then you have to script the change to the preferences, journal the content, then change them back. You can find the necessary JSL if you select Help > Scripting Index and search on 'preference' Use the Help button to get more details and examples.

drblove
Level III

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it.  I am trying to write this script for someone else, so changing my preferences would not carry over to there experience when they run the script. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance

Excellent observation! We teach this concept in our introduction to JSL as one element of 'defensive scripting:' don't count on the user preferences to be the same as your preferences.

The scripting of managing preferences is straight-forward but tedious. I can't give you a 'solution' without knowing more details. But the fact is that it is not that bad. Take a look at the Scripting Index and Help > Books > Scripting Guide where you search how to deal with preferences. Give it a try. If you have specific questions after that, then please ask away!