cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ArjanH
Level I

JMP17 crashes when updating from database using sql script

A while ago I created a script to extract data from a sql database (through ODBC) directly into a JMP table to automatically generating a control chart from the selected data. Working in JMP 16, this worked fine, but since switching to JMP 17 this database connectivity isn’t working anymore. When I click the green play button to rerun the source or update from DB step, JMP completely shuts down without any notifications. When I open the script debugger and run the script, I get the following message: "The JMP session running the JSL program has abnormally terminated, the JSL debugger will now terminate".The same happens when I try to set up a whole new query, starting from scratch (database>open table>) and copy pasting the original query after clicking advanced.

I created and tested the query in DBeaver, where it works as it should.

The query contains selecting two aggregate function (averages) and the issue seems to be with these lines. When I remove those lines from the sql-script, the query runs (but doesn't extract the numbers that I need). Has anyone experienced this issue as well and was able to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: JMP17 crashes when updating from database using sql script

You need to contact JMP Support directly at 

support@jmp.com

or call

800.450.0135 (US)

Jim