cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rbfinner
Level III

JMP16 generating invisible windows (even dialog windows)

Hi, 

My JMP16 is generating invisible windows, even dialog windows. 

When I start a new JMP16 session its starts out ok. But after some time of use, this "invisible mode" just kicks in making that JMP session unusable.

Here is an image capture of the HOME window showing the Summary & Graphbuilder dialog windows as invisible.

To use/populate those windows I have to click on them to bring them to the foreground.

rbfinner_1-1654586638086.png

I have not been able to narrow down what is triggering it. 

This happens on JMP16 only. (No issue with JMP14 / JMP15)

Is there a preference/option that I can change to prevent this from happening on JMP16 or a way to revet the effect? 

I'm using version JMP PRO 16.1.0.

Appreciate any help you can provide. 

Thanks, 

Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rbfinner
Level III

Re: JMP16 generating invisible windows (even dialog windows)

Update: 

I re-confirmed that the "invisible mode" was occurring during standard interactive work only.

I also upgraded to JMP v16.2 a few weeks ago and since then I have not observed any issues. 

Looks like v16.2 has resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Ray

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

That seems very odd. Are you running scripts, or is this happening after only interactive work?

-Jeff
Craige_Hales
Super User

@Jeff_Perkinson  - also see How do I stop JMP from opening Files and scripts open in invisible mode? 

Two data points to fit a line...

Craige
rbfinner
Level III

Thanks. I had looked at this post before posting.

My invisible windows occur with standard interactive work, not when running scripts. 

Restarting the JMP session will fix it for a while, but eventually, it will return to "invisible-mode"

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

@rbfinner, the best course of action here is to contact Tech Support (support@jmp.com) and get their help in chasing this down. As @Craige_Hales suggests, it may be a systemic problem. 

-Jeff

I had similar issues with invisible windows several months ago but I have not had any issues since updating to version 16.2 Perhaps try installing the newest version and see if that resolves the issue.

-Scott

-Scott
rbfinner
Level III

@Jeff_Perkinson My typical JMP use will include interactive work and some ad-hoc scripts (nothing too heavy). 

As mentioned previously, restarting the JMP session will fix it for a while, but eventually, it will return to "invisible mode"

I'm pretty sure the invisible windows occur with just standard interactive work, but now that you've asked, I'll have to re-check / confirm. 

I'll post another update on the findings. 

After confirming the above, I'll try the upgrade to v16.2. 

If still not fixed I'll contact Tech Support. 

Thank you all for the replies. 

rbfinner
Level III

Update: 

I re-confirmed that the "invisible mode" was occurring during standard interactive work only.

I also upgraded to JMP v16.2 a few weeks ago and since then I have not observed any issues. 

Looks like v16.2 has resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Ray