cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ValeriaJMP
Level I

JMP version 17 - "Save Script --> To Data Table (All Objects)" not working properly

Dear JMP user,

I recently switched to JMP 17 but I found that something was not working properly any longer.

I generate through JSL scripts some fairly elaborate journals and I had found a beautiful button "Save Script --> To Data Table (All Objects)" that allowed me to save the whole journal to the data table (see image of the button below).

This is not longer working in JMP17. The script is saved, but when I look at the code it does not look like properly formatted JSL code but just text... see image "JMP17_question2".

Please help, Valeria

4 REPLIES 4
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: JMP version 17 - "Save Script --> To Data Table (All Objects)" not working properly

It appears to be the JSL to reproduce the journal, which is captured in a text string that is reinterpreted by the JournalBox. What does it do when you run it? Can you show what the code looked like before? What JMP version were you using when it worked?

Craige
ValeriaJMP
Level I

Re: JMP version 17 - "Save Script --> To Data Table (All Objects)" not working properly

Hi Craige,

thank you for trying to help and sorry for the late reply. The script does not run.

Please find attached the script saved to the data table with the JMP 16 version (which runs properly) and the same script saved with the JMP17 version.

I think this is a bug. Are you working for JMP. If not, do you know how to I can get help directly from them?

I use this feature all the time and now I had to revert to JMP16 to be able to use it again.

Regards, Valeria

stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Valeria,

Yes you can always contact support directly at support@jmp.com.

They would be very happy to help with your issue.

cheers,

Stan

Craige_Hales
Super User

I'm retired, no longer at JMP. Stan is right, this looks like a Tech Support issue. I agree, the new file seems wrong.

Craige