cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
fbm73
Level I

JMP script - Color or Mark by Column

I have a JMP table with a column called Order that contains letter values like A, B, C, D, E, etc., and another column called Number that contains number values like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.  Manually operating on this table, I could do the following:

-- Right click at the upper left of the table and select Color or Mark by Column

-- Select Order from the list of columns, then leave Colors = JMP Default and Markers = None, then click OK

-- Right click at the upper left of the table and select Color or Mark by Column

-- Select Number from the list of columns, then set Colors = None and Markers = Standard, then click OK.

The result of this is to assign colored symbols to all the rows according to the values of Order and Number.  How is a simple way to script this up in JSL?  And if possible, rather than setting Colors = JMP Default in the 2nd step above, how could I choose a specific color to use for each of A, B, C, D, E, etc.?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
pmroz
Super User

Re: JMP script - Color or Mark by Column

Make a small table with colors and markers that you want, and then click on the red triangle > copy table script.  Paste it into a JSL window and you'll have an idea of what to do.