cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jdeare
Level I

JMP file viewer/is there a trick to using SAS Universal Viewer?

I work in scientific publishing. I have an author who provided JMP files to be used as a figure (it's a graph). He sent 2 files, one is a .jmp and one is a .jrp.

I sent a request back to him to have the graph exported as an .eps so I can edit it in Adobe Illustrator, but he seems to be unable to do it (or else slow).

Is there a trick to getting the Universal Viewer to open these files, or is it incompatible?

Is there some other way to get this info into a format I can use? I don't need to see the data, I just need the graph.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: JMP file viewer/is there a trick to using SAS Universal Viewer?

I'm not sure about the Universal Viewer, but my gut says it's probably not compatible with JMP.  

That said, the .jrp file is the one that contains the figure.  What your author did was save an analysis report as a seperate file.  The best bet is to open the .jrp file with JMP (or have your author do it).  JMP will ask for the data file it needs to run the report again.  That's the .jmp file.  Then, you can go to File > Save As... (assuming this is on Windows with JMP 13 here) and export the file as something that is Illustrator compatible.  There are lots of choices there under the file type. 

Best,

M

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'm not sure about the Universal Viewer, but my gut says it's probably not compatible with JMP.  

That said, the .jrp file is the one that contains the figure.  What your author did was save an analysis report as a seperate file.  The best bet is to open the .jrp file with JMP (or have your author do it).  JMP will ask for the data file it needs to run the report again.  That's the .jmp file.  Then, you can go to File > Save As... (assuming this is on Windows with JMP 13 here) and export the file as something that is Illustrator compatible.  There are lots of choices there under the file type. 

Best,

M

jdeare
Level I

OK, thanks! I will send him some more emails.