Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jon_Armer
Level III

JMP file security/write-passwords

Hi,

We're looking at using some of the JMP functionalities to trend/analyse data on some of our later-stage projects and our CMC group have asked if it is possible to lock the JMP files after analysis/trending to prevent unauthorised 'tampering' of the data- and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that? 

I've currently suggested just keeping the file in a password-access folder- but i'm wondering if there's anyway to add password protection to the JMP table/analysis itself?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Jon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: JMP file security/write-passwords

Every table can be regenerated by a script (see 'Copy Table Script' from the red triangle). Scripts can then be encrypted ('Edit > Encrypt Script...) with a 'Run' password. This could be one way to 'archive' data in a somewhat secure way, but I can think of alternatives too.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: JMP file security/write-passwords

Every table can be regenerated by a script (see 'Copy Table Script' from the red triangle). Scripts can then be encrypted ('Edit > Encrypt Script...) with a 'Run' password. This could be one way to 'archive' data in a somewhat secure way, but I can think of alternatives too.