cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
engr
Level I

JMP 9.0 (Docking Windows)

Hi all,

I just upgraded from JMP 8.0 to JMP 9.0. I am very annoyed by ver 9.0 in which, when I open multiple datasets, they all open in a seperate window. While, in JMP 8.0 I was able to have all the tables/graphs/plots docked in a single window and I can open each file by selecting them in the "window list".

So, how can I revert back to JMP 8.0 dock settings.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
pmroz
Super User

Re: JMP 9.0 (Docking Windows)

The use of separate windows is a feature of JMP 9. I don't think you can revert to the previous MDI behavior. Navigation can be accomplished from the taskbar, from the Home window, or via CTRL-TAB. Also, if you hit CTRL-2 it brings up the windows list.

One useful preference setting is:

File > Preferences > Windows Specific
Change "Show on the Windows task bar:" to "All windows".

That setting will show all JMP windows when you click on JMP in the taskbar.
engr
Level I

Thanks for the reply!

I applied the "All Windows" setting, but I feel this new "feature" is a bit too cluttery for my liking. I usually have a ton of applications open, and now with JMP opening multiple windows, its making things all the more scattered :\
pmroz
Super User

Yes it takes some getting used to. Most of our users have multiple monitors and they really like the feature. They put up different windows on different monitors without having a giant MDI window behind it all. Having the menu available for each window is useful as well.
spine
Level I

I agree with the OP that this is a most annoying 'feature'.  Would be nice to have the choice for a unified window.

rufus
Level I

I just 'upgraded' from JMP 8 to 11 and I hate this new interface.  I have multiple monitors, but I typically keep JMP on one of them because I have other applications open on the others.  Within JMP, I almost always end up having multiple windows (graph, tabulate, analysis) and now I keep loosing track of them.  JMP used to be 

I don't really want to see you add more options, but I really do think you should add an option where you can choose either MDI or SDI (like R has).