Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

JMP 17 frequently crash when running add-in

Hi Expert,

I just upgrade my license from JMP16 to JMP 17. 

I've build an add-in that works fine in JMP16 (both add-in & script).

But after upgraded to JMP17, I faced frequent JMP error while running add-in & script like below when i click on the chart.

I already un-install the add-in & re-install back because I thought my script not compatible.

Still issue persist. Do we have some sort of JMP version converter for scripting or something?

This is really frustrating if I have to re-do the script again

WebDesignesCrow_0-1676862364982.png

This is copy of my script. 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: JMP 17 frequently crash when running add-in

Hello, this looks like it may be related to a crash that was reported to us in production 17.0. We believe we've resolved this in a fix in our 17.1 update, which is currently planned to be released in early April. If you are able to update to 17.1 when it becomes available, please retry this case. If updating to 17.1 does not resolve your crash, please let JMP Tech Support know and we can investigate further. Thank you for reporting it!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

I've reported the case to support@jmp.com 

Craige_Hales
Super User

Not sure what's going on, but JMP shouldn't be shutting down/crashing for that. I see two things in the JSL that might be related.

Names Default To Here - do that once, as the first executable statement. I don't really think this will be the issue though.

wait...close - If I read the script right, you'd have to click on the graph during the 1 second wait before the script closes the graph. There might be an interesting interaction there.

Craige
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

I think it is because of :Name() lines used for column names.

I saw that JMP 17 script saved the lines differently for special column names.  

JMP 15/16
dt1 << Select Where(:Name("TONE (BRIGHT BP/DARK DP)")=="BP") << Delete Rows;

JMP 17
dt1 << Select where(:"TONE (BRIGHT BP/DARK DP)"n == "BP") << Delete Rows;

Or, Levey-Jennings Chart script (JMP16) seems not compatible in JMP 17

I observed it start crashing until this step. Hmmm

Thanks for the idea

Hello, this looks like it may be related to a crash that was reported to us in production 17.0. We believe we've resolved this in a fix in our 17.1 update, which is currently planned to be released in early April. If you are able to update to 17.1 when it becomes available, please retry this case. If updating to 17.1 does not resolve your crash, please let JMP Tech Support know and we can investigate further. Thank you for reporting it!