cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

JMP 16 scripting issue for automation (migrate from JMP 15)

Hello Expert,

I just started using JMP 16 for analysis report automation (scripting). I'm still migrating some of my scripts build in JMP 15 into JMP 16 and tweaked existing script build in JMP 15 to do other type of analysis reports in JMP 16.

I just found out that in JMP 16, the script saved for graph builder "Add Filter" automatically define N items in the filter according to my test data.

The issue is, my script run daily & number of N items change every time it run.

So, I want the script to automatically include in whatever # of item to be filtered as per the source data.

What should I do if I want the # of item to follow whatever is inside the source data?

WebDesignesCrow_0-1674183930815.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: JMP 16 scripting issue for automation (migrate from JMP 15)

The NItems() commands that you see in the JMP 16 Data Filter only control the number of visible items in the filter display, not the number of items that are available for selection.  The categorical filter items can be resized in height, and the list will be scrollable if there are more items available than can be displayed.

This setting replaces the Size() argument that you see in JMP 15 (and earlier), which was only partially used in JMP 15 because of the redesign of the filter and the global Width() argument.

Hope that helps - please post here or contact Tech Support if you have any problems sizing the filter from JSL or retaining the size when the script is saved.

-Dan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: JMP 16 scripting issue for automation (migrate from JMP 15)

The NItems() commands that you see in the JMP 16 Data Filter only control the number of visible items in the filter display, not the number of items that are available for selection.  The categorical filter items can be resized in height, and the list will be scrollable if there are more items available than can be displayed.

This setting replaces the Size() argument that you see in JMP 15 (and earlier), which was only partially used in JMP 15 because of the redesign of the filter and the global Width() argument.

Hope that helps - please post here or contact Tech Support if you have any problems sizing the filter from JSL or retaining the size when the script is saved.

-Dan