Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
kwmcm
Level III

JMP 16 and the updates to Journaling

Hi all, 

I make Journals as the best way to share my graphs with others that use JMP. 

With the new JMP 16 update, it has become tedious. I usually would do "ctrl + J" and the graph that is highlighted would gracefully appear in a new journal. 

Now when I do it, I get the picture that is attached and not my gorgeous graph I am trying to share with others. 

I haven't been able to figure out A. what is happening... B. how to make it stop. 

Any advice is appreciated!

JMP JournalBox.JPG

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: JMP 16 and the updates to Journaling

The Using JMP document in the JMP Documentation Library gives the details on the new Journaling environment.    Here is what I have discerned in the few minutes I played with it. 

What is happening, is that when you paste into a new journal, it comes up in an interactive editing environment.

j1.PNG

At this point, it is not a completed document, so you can continue adding and moving documents within the journal.  At the top of the window, there is a semi transparent tool bar which when hovered over, displays some editing tools

j2.PNG

What I believe you want to do, is to click on the red triangle in the tool bar and select "Lock Journal"

j3.PNG

It will give you a finished journal

j4.PNG

It is my suggestion that you take the time to read up on the documentation on the journals in the Using JMP document.....just as I will be doing.

Jim
statman
Super User

Jim, I was writing while you responded. Thanks so much for that. I didn't know that and those new options did not affect my typical use of journaling?....
"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
kwmcm
Level III

Hi Jim, 

Thanks for your reply- I did read the literature about the updates and am aware of the hovering editing feature. That's not what my problem is, however.  My problem is the graph doesn't go to the journal. It's just an empty box with X's inside, like the picture I added. 

Thanks tho!

txnelson
Super User

What operating system are you using?
Jim
statman
Super User

@kwmcm . Sorry for your troubles.  I've been trying to replicate an issue of journaling on JMP 16 and have not been able to.  In every case when I select ctrl J it properly journals the active window.  

Could you perhaps attach a data table where you are seeing the issue? OR submit the "issue" to support@jmp.com.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box