cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WoHNY
Level III

JMP 16: Weibull Distribution Plot to Powerpoint

I am using the script below to generate a Weibull distribution plot, through the Life Distribution portal, and then send it to Powerpoint. In addition I am making into a data table the Weibull Parametric Estimate data which includes the Weibull Alpha and Beta.

The problem is along with the Weibull plot several other plots and tables are also sent to ppt, about thirty some slides worth of graphs and images.

Is there a way to bring only the Weibull distribution plot?

//Weibull Distribution Plot

wbd1 = ss2DT << Life Distribution(

Perspective( Compare Groups ),

Y( :VALUEABS ),

Grouping( :GRP ),

Confidence Interval Method( Wald ),

Select Distribution( Distribution, Weibull ),

Select Scale( Weibull ),

Tabbed Report( 0 ),

SendToReport(

Dispatch(

{"Life Distribution - Compare Groups", "Compare Distribution"},

"1",

ScaleBox,

{Format( "Fixed Dec", 12, 2 ), Min( 1.5 ), Max( 6 ), Inc( 0.3 ),

Minor Ticks( 1 )}

),

Dispatch(

"2",

ScaleBox,

{Min( 0.000002502137722793 ), Max( 0.999941236419419 ),

Add Ref Line( 0.632, "Dashed", "Black", "", 1 )}

),

Dispatch(

"Life Distribution Compare Groups",

FrameBox,

{Marker Size( 2 )}

),

Dispatch(

"VALUEABS",

TextEditBox,

{Set Text( "Parm 1" )}

)

)

);

//Generate Weibell Parametric Data Table

wbdt1 = Report( wbd1 )[Outline Box( "Life Distribution - Compare Groups" )][

Outline Box( "Statistics" )][Outline Box( "Parameter Estimates" )][

Outline Box( "Parametric Estimate - Weibull" )][Table Box( 1 )] <<

Make Data Table( "Parm 1 Wb" );

wbdt1 << Save( "C:/Users/Wdt1.jmp" );

//Save Weibull Distribution to ppt

Wait(2);

Show Properties( wbd1 );

wbd1 << Save Presentation( "C:/Users/WbChart.pptx" );

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WoHNY
Level III

Re: JMP 16: Weibull Distribution Plot to Powerpoint

Ross:

Thank you so much for the input. I followed your instructions for JMP 16 to view the Tree Structure. The Weibull Distribution was under ListBox(5). I tried that in the code you supplied but the resulting ppt was created but had no content. I returned to the Tree Structure and found that the chart itself under ListBox(5) was named LayoutAtomBox(1). So I tried that in place of ListBox(5) and it works. Only the Weibull Dist plot was sent to the ppt. I don't know why the ListBox(5) didn't work but I'll move forward with this. Once again many thanks for the solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You can create an object containing only the graph and then send the Save Presentation message to that. Try replacing your final line with this:

wbd1Plot = Report( wbd1 )["Compare Distribution", ListBox(4)];

wbd1Plot << Save Presentation( "C:/Users/WbChart.pptx" );

To find the right index for referencing the plot, you can use View > Show Properties and then highlight the plot itself. Under the Box Path section, you'll find the right index to use: ["Compare Distribution", ListBox(4)].

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador

Allow me to amend that answer: the Box Path section in the Properties pane is available in JMP 17, which just came out last fall. To find the right index for the plot in JMP 16 and prior, you'd want to right click on the gray disclosure icon next to the Compare Distribution section header and select Edit > Show Tree Structure.

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador
WoHNY
Level III

Ross:

Thank you so much for the input. I followed your instructions for JMP 16 to view the Tree Structure. The Weibull Distribution was under ListBox(5). I tried that in the code you supplied but the resulting ppt was created but had no content. I returned to the Tree Structure and found that the chart itself under ListBox(5) was named LayoutAtomBox(1). So I tried that in place of ListBox(5) and it works. Only the Weibull Dist plot was sent to the ppt. I don't know why the ListBox(5) didn't work but I'll move forward with this. Once again many thanks for the solution.