cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DirtyDataCoLLC
Level III

It's Groundhogs day again, and I am back to level 1.

Warning: Nothing in this blog is important or worth reading. I have a lot of data to work on and am procrastinating.  

I created new SAS/JMP accounts for each company I worked for over the last 20-ish years. So, now I am back to level 1. I don't know all of the accounts, but all the account names are attached to inactive emails anyway. So, being at Level 1 is not a problem, except I recently joined the JMP Partner Program, which has been great. But, I feel inadequate and would like to be at least a level of 1.5. 

Please see exhibit 1, a JMP Diploma from 2005 that I found a couple of days ago while also procrastinating by cleaning. 

Robert Williams
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DirtyDataCoLLC
Level III

Re: It's Groundhogs day again, and I am back to level 1.

I like this solution. I've used every JMP version from either end of 1999 or the beginning of 2000 and am now on JMP16 Pro. However, I only asked to be at level 1.5 and JMP immediately rounded me up to level 2. I don't want to ask for too much.
Robert Williams

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Apparently, there are a few people like you here but not me. The under classified.

DirtyDataCoLLC
Level III

Any level that starts with Super is rad. I have my own company so I can change my title. What do you think, Super Founder and Managing Director or Super CEO?
Robert Williams
statman
Super User

Well you're already a II.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
DirtyDataCoLLC
Level III

It was pretty amazing, considering I was only asking for level 1.5. They promoted me right away.
Robert Williams
P_Bartell
Level VIII

I have a novel way that maybe JMP marketing might consider adopting? A person's 'level' here on the Community reflects the number of JMP releases they have used. Since I started using JMP on a Mac with version 1...that makes me level 14 since I used JMP v 1 - 10 during my tenure at Eastman Kodak Company and then, after joining SAS as a JMP Senior Systems Engineer for 5 years...I touched JMP v 11 - 14 until I retired in 2018. How about it JMP???

DirtyDataCoLLC
Level III

I like this solution. I've used every JMP version from either end of 1999 or the beginning of 2000 and am now on JMP16 Pro. However, I only asked to be at level 1.5 and JMP immediately rounded me up to level 2. I don't want to ask for too much.
Robert Williams
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Unfortunately, there is no method for merging multiple accounts though it has been requested to the platform vendor. You can change your email address in your SAS Profile so long as you remember the old email address/password combination. This will allow you retain your current Community account.

Interesting ideas on factors to consider when determining a member's Community rank. I like the discussion.

DirtyDataCoLLC
Level III

Thanks, Ryan. Starting at level 1 again isn't a problem. Billy Madison did it, and I am up for the challenge.
Robert Williams