cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Dongjin
Level III

It is hard to survive in Korea as JMP User

As I have been working in the data analysis field for several years using JMP in the field,

there are many difficulties because users are not too active in Korea....

I hope the number of Korean users increases soon. It's a really good tool,

but it's a shame that there are so few people I know and the perception is shallow~~

2 REPLIES 2
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: It is hard to survive in Korea as JMP User

Hello Donjon. Happy New Year! I can understand your dilemma as I experienced a similar experience in the 1990 pre-internet days with my JMP Journey. I suspect any local JMP User Group meetings have not occurred in person recently. By posting hopefully you can drum up some sort of virtual local users group.

Take care

Lou

RE: It is hard to survive in Korea as JMP User

Thanks very much for your concern, @Dongjin !

I'm also sorry that there are yet enough people who know and use JMP as well as you do, as your expectation.

Meanwhile, I would like to say that JMP users in Korea have been dramatically increased last 5 years.

As you might have already seen, JMP Discovery Summit Korea 2021 was hold in November 2021. It was the 2nd Discovery Summit in Korea.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discovery-Summit-Korea-2021/tkb-p/discovery-kr-2021-content/label-name/...

Thankfully and proudly, Korea has been selected as the fifth venue for the Discovery Summit event series after Europe, Japan and China since the 1st event was begun in the United States (Americas) in 2013. 

The interests you have would be common to the presenters of the event.

It seems "Slow and Steady" but there are already many JMP users in Korea comparing to the situation 5 years ago.

Apparently, it's not enough. Especially, comparing to the communities regarding the open sources in Korea, Korean JMP users community has just started its step.   

Thanks to you and all Korean JMP users!

As one of JMP staffs, I will do my best for rooting the JMPers culture - Learn & Share together with JMP - into Korea.

Cheers!

Chul-Hee