cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tajrida
Level III

Issue: How to open a JMP Journal created in JMP 14 using JMP 13

I am getting a file open error "JMP 13 has incomplete support for this JMP 14 journal" when trying to open a JMP journal file created in JMP 14 using version 13 of JMP software. Please help - thanks

The JMP journal trying to open is part of the online coarse "Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving" downlaoded from JMP website.

Mohammed Ahmed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issue: How to open a JMP Journal created in JMP 14 using JMP 13

There are little tweaks to the structure of a journal between releases.  Journals are generally forward-compatible without issue, but you'll get that error going backward through releases.  The good news is that I haven't run into any actual differences that impact functionality.  Just click okay, and save the journal.  The error shouldn't show up again.

That said - you probably should just upgrade to JMP 15 (you're two releases behind now).  Most likely, your license allows for access to the latest update, you just have to ask your license admin.  If you need help figuring out who that person is, just drop a note to tech support (support@jmp.com) and they should be able to help.  

M

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Issue: How to open a JMP Journal created in JMP 14 using JMP 13

There are little tweaks to the structure of a journal between releases.  Journals are generally forward-compatible without issue, but you'll get that error going backward through releases.  The good news is that I haven't run into any actual differences that impact functionality.  Just click okay, and save the journal.  The error shouldn't show up again.

That said - you probably should just upgrade to JMP 15 (you're two releases behind now).  Most likely, your license allows for access to the latest update, you just have to ask your license admin.  If you need help figuring out who that person is, just drop a note to tech support (support@jmp.com) and they should be able to help.  

M