cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Is there a way to set defaults for these?

We do a lot of mosaics. Is there a way to set defaults for these?

• The y-axis we always set to percentages (e.g. 25% rather than 0.25), with 4 minor ticks
  • Customize mosaics to have 0 vertical gap and 0 line width
  • Turn off automatic tick marks on the right and bottom axes

(I know how to do these for each chart - I would like to have these as defaults)

JMP 17, macOS

3 REPLIES 3
statman
Super User

Re: Is there a way to set defaults for these?

First, welcome to the community.  There are a number of Preferences you can make (JMP>Preferences). but I'm not sure exactly what you want.  Styles lets you change tick marks, Graphs lets you change line width, etc. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come by and post advice.  For the percentage, as long as the column in the data table is setup as percentage, JMP will use that on the graphs.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

Hi - thanks for the welcome!

The settings I am talking about aren't affected by the Styles or Graphs preferences. I added pictures to be clearer.

1. The Y axis on mosaics appears to always default to 2 decimals (0.25) and I don't see a way to get it to default to percentages (25%). It is a summary value, not reporting a column value, so there isn't a column format for JMP to use. (see before and after pix below; in the example below, the relevant column is text [Yellow...Blue], not numeric)
  2. By right-click>Customize>Mosaic I can set line width to 0, and vertical gap to 0. (see effects below) Any way to set that as a default?
  3. By right-click>Axis settings I can turn off Auto tick marks on the right and bottom axes. (see effects below) Any way to set that as a default?

BEFORE:

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 16.48.35.png

AFTER:

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 16.52.56.png

You also have some control through the Axis column property.