cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RLo
RLo
Level I

Is there a way to move the default distributions chart "Quantiles" & "Summary Statistics" into the same column?

// Using sample data, I can generate a distribution chart using the following script:

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" ); rep = dt << Distribution( Stack( 1 ), Continuous Distribution( Column( :height ), Horizontal Layout( 1 ), Vertical( 0 ), Normal Quantile Plot( 1 ), PpK Capability Labeling( 0 ) ) ); Report(rep)[Frame box(1)] << Row Legend("sex", color(1), marker(0));

// Is there a way to move the "Summary Statistics" box to under "Quantiles" box?
// I tried changing "Horizontal Layout(1)" to "Vertical Layout (1)", and don't see much difference.  
// Can you suggest what help file that I can read about that?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Is there a way to move the default distributions chart "Quantiles" & "Summary Statistics" into the same column?

I would think how to make this a bit more robust, but you can change the Horizontal of the list box which contains those OutlineBoxes to 0

Names Default To Here(1);

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
dist = dt << Distribution(
	Continuous Distribution(
		Column(:height),
		Horizontal Layout(1),
		Vertical(0),
		Normal Quantile Plot(1),
		PpK Capability Labeling(0)
	)
);

lb = ((Report(dist)["Quantiles"] << parent) << parent) << Set Horizontal(0);

jthi_0-1691524295098.png

Edit:

If you have to do this only once and you don't want to script, you can also do this interactively using display tree's properties (this doesn't seem to be captured in the script created by JMP)

jthi_0-1691524660488.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Is there a way to move the default distributions chart "Quantiles" & "Summary Statistics" into the same column?

I would think how to make this a bit more robust, but you can change the Horizontal of the list box which contains those OutlineBoxes to 0

Names Default To Here(1);

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
dist = dt << Distribution(
	Continuous Distribution(
		Column(:height),
		Horizontal Layout(1),
		Vertical(0),
		Normal Quantile Plot(1),
		PpK Capability Labeling(0)
	)
);

lb = ((Report(dist)["Quantiles"] << parent) << parent) << Set Horizontal(0);

jthi_0-1691524295098.png

Edit:

If you have to do this only once and you don't want to script, you can also do this interactively using display tree's properties (this doesn't seem to be captured in the script created by JMP)

jthi_0-1691524660488.png

-Jarmo