cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lala
Level VII

Is there a list of python library names in JMP18.0.0?

I know it is possible to see a list of installed python libraries for JMP

jmputils.jpip('list')

But I would like to know the list of uninstalled python libraries that JMP software already includes
For example I want JMP python to copy the result to the paste board and whether it wants to be installed 

it can't

jmputils.jpip('install','pyperclip')

Thanks Experts!

12 REPLIES 12
jthi
Super User

Re: Is there a list of python library names in JMP18.0.0?

There are also some example scripts you can find from JMP installation folder

-Jarmo
lala
Level VII

Thanks!

I have seen these, but my ability to read English is limited, and have only tried the following similar methods, but none of them succeeded.

So I had to turn to the experts again.Thank you very much!

Python Submit("\[
import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
import sys

# adding folder with python code to the system path, then import ZIG0
sys.path.insert(1, mypath)
from ZIG0 import zigmain

zigmain(filepath)

]\");

I just need to call python through JSL. 

Adding a path to sys.path should only be necessary if the Python code lies in a different directory than the executing JSL file.  And if you used either Python Install Packages() or jmputils.jpip() to install ZIG0, then that package should be within the JMP specific site-packages/ folder.  During script execution, (JSL or Python) JMP changes its current working directory to the directory of the script file.  So other JSL or .py files should be able to found without any issues if they are in the same location.  I'm not familiar with ZIG0, if ZIG0 is just ZIG0.py, make sure it is in the same directory as the .JSL script..