cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ngonzalez0
Level I

Is it possible to perform generalized estimating equations in JMP? If so, how?

Is it possible to perform generalized estimating equations in JMP? If so, how?

4 REPLIES 4
Kevin_Anderson
Level VI

Re: Is it possible to perform generalized estimating equations in JMP? If so, how?

Given enough motivation, talent, and time, anything is possible in JSL.

Another great way to do GEEs would be through JMP's R integration.  There are a number of different GEE packages on CRAN, and integrating R with JMP works so well that it might be a better experience (for me, anyway) than "rolling your own" GEE in JSL.

ngonzalez0
Level I

Re: Is it possible to perform generalized estimating equations in JMP? If so, how?

Thanks but I am not asking for motivation. The question is how can it be done in JMP. Please erstarin your answers to useful, applicable information.

Kevin_Anderson
Level VI

...and I would be remiss to fail to note that SAS PROC GENMOD rates highly in Horton,N.J. & Lipsitz, S.R. (1999) Review of Software to Fit Generalized Estimating Equation Regression Models, The American Statistician, 53:2, 160-169.

Of course, SAS also integrates spectacularly with JMP.  There are a number of examples of SAS:JMP Integration starting on my page 590 in the Scripting Guide.

Good luck!

jennifer_n_blak
Level III

Has there been any forward movement on GEEs in JMP?  A release regarding JMP 11 from four years ago said that this was coming, but I cannot find it in JMP13.

I am not adept in JSL and am looking for options already present within JMP or within a JMP add-in.

Thanks for your help!

JMP 11: https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Blog/JMP-11-statistics-sneak-peek/ba-p/30320