cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
capr
Level II

Interaction Profiles - automated display of panels based on factor inclusion

My question is how JMP controls the display of panels of Interaction Profiles plots that correspond to factors not included in the associated model.

Does JMP consistently display such panels differently from panels corresponding to factors that are included?

I would like to distinguish factors included and omitted (within the model) on JMP Interaction Profiles. In my experience this operation is done automatically in some cases but not others.

In the first screenshot(1-No_distinction) I've  manually indicated the terms included in the model with asterisks (*). 

JMP did not distinguish the display of the panels based on inclusion of factors.

In a different JMP workbook the plots corresponding to factors not included in the model are dashed lines and appear with dimmed intensity (2-With_distinction).

10 REPLIES 10
capr
Level II

Re: Interaction Profiles - automated display of panels based on factor inclusion

@statman 

I believe to have uncovered the source of the inconsistency. I have reproducibly generated the following outcomes:

Outcome 1: Gray-out display properties as desired:

Interaction Profiles must be “requested” in the JMP dialog via the drop-down for the Response as shown in the screenshot cursor:

2024-08-15 14_47_44-307_IP_upload - Fit Group - JMP Pro.png

2024-08-15 14_55_51-307_IP_upload - Fit Group - JMP Pro.png

--------------

Outcome 2: Gray-out display properties are not implemented, leading to inconsistency with respect to the terms included in the model:

Interaction Profiles are “requested” in the JMP dialog via the drop-down for the Prediction Profiler, a sub-item of the Response.

2024-08-15 14_48_50-307_IP_upload - Fit Group - JMP Pro.png

In the screenshot for Outcome 2, it the AC AD AE plots are not grayed out.

In fact, both modes of Interaction Profile panels can be displayed simultaneously.

In summary to have the gray-out/dashed line display consistently dependent on the inclusion of respective interaction terms in the model the Interaction Profile panel apparently must be activated from the Factor Profiling menu for the Response.