cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RS1301
Level II

Interaction Plot Label Formatting

I have executed a DoE and in my final model there is an interaction between two parameters.  The labels for the red and blue lines overlap and for my report i want to move the labels show in the plot so they can be clearly seen.  I cannot find a setting to adjust the location/formatting and i cannot drag and move the label.  Is there a way i can do this without taking it to paint and editing it?  i have tried to attach a mock image i found on google, hopefully it comes through.  I am referring to what would be the 60/40 overlap in the middle right image.

RS1301_1-1638537760981.png

6 REPLIES 6
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Interaction Plot Label Formatting

One thing you might try that is super easy is just click hold and drag from the lower right corner of the image to expand the geographic size of the box containing each plot.

RS1301
Level II

That was a good idea, i had not thought of that. It does make it a little easier to see, but in this case the end of my lines are so close the labels still overlap and are hard to read.  Thank you for the suggestion though.  I wish it had worked here.

Byron_JMP
Staff

The position of the labels can be adjusted, it's just that its super fiddly. Getting you cursor on the the control point is a little easier if you first drag the corner of the display box to make it bigger. One of the developers probably knows the exact location, but it looks like the pixel in the middle of the first or second number (middle, top to bottom) is about where to click. It  takes me 4 or 5 try to get it most times, but its definitely there. I'm pretty sure its the same in older versions, but I know for sure that it works in v16.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
P_Bartell
Level VIII

@Byron_JMP : One of those undocumented features? JMP is full of 'em. This one is good to know. Is it pervasive across multiple platform reports?

RS1301
Level II

This seems promising but i am not seeing it in version 13 so it may be a version issue.  Do you mind taking a screen shot so i can make sure i am not missing something.  i have expanded the plot 10x and still do not see the mark i am supposed to to move the location of these.

The ability that @Byron_JMP  describes to move the Interaction Profiler labels is functionality available in JMP 16 and above.

Duane Hayes